In a Nutshell, avoid consuming the kratom when hungry and only take the recommended dosage while chewing a ginger slice or peppermint.
Did somebody tell you that consuming kratom would make you nauseous, and are you worried about its gastric side effects? Don’t panic and keep reading till the end, as we have discussed in detail about how to get rid of kratom nausea.
Kratom is now available over the counter and legalized in most states due to its health and medicinal benefits. But it still has serious side effects if not taken with proper guidance or is over consumed. Although ideally, the side effects of kratom are prevented, such as nausea or gastric discomfort, in case an emergency occurs, this is what you should do.
Does Kratom Cause Nausea?
Consumers of Kratom worldwide have reported multiple side effects of the overdose or abuse, including nausea. Studies have shown that gastric side effects of kratom include diarrhea, vomiting, gastric upset, and nausea, accounting for more than 12% of these cases.
According to various other researches, Kratom has various adverse effects, most of which are gastric or stomach related. These studies and epidemiological reports prove that kratom does cause nausea.
Evaluating Reasons Behind Kratom Induced Nausea
Various reasons make Kratom a nausea-inducing agent. Many research and scientific studies have been conducted to study the potential effects of nausea induction by kratom, and accurate data has been generated. Let’s discuss those reasons one by one;
1. There are different subtypes of kratom, and a person can be inherently sensitive to any one of them, especially the stomach tissue, which can lead to gastric upset and trigger nausea. Taking it without proper investigation and guidance can cause Kratom nausea.
2. Kratom has substance properties that can activate vomiting receptors in the brain. This activation leads to a series of events that cause vomiting and Kratom nausea.
3. Most people find its taste and aroma very undesirable, which makes them uncomfortable while consuming it, and they can even become nauseous as a reaction to that.
4. Consuming the kratom in a purely raw form is another factor as it is more potent in that state and the potential of action increases manifold.
5. Consuming the kratom on an empty stomach can trigger Kratom nausea as the gastric lining is very sensitive and vulnerable in that state.
Things you can do to Avoid Kratom Nausea
Wouldn’t it be great if you avoid getting nauseated by following certain preventive measures and guidelines of consumption rather than going through the distress of pain and discomfort of treatment?
1. Always take the recommended dose as the side effects of kratom are highly dose-dependent, and exceeding the dose limit can result in adversity.
2. It is advisable to mix it with an additive (juices) before consumption to avoid the stingy aroma and unpleasant taste. This can help avoid the immediate potent effects.
3. Never take kratom on an empty stomach. The stomach tissues are sensitive to it and can cause distress and nausea.
4. Try chewing ginger along with the kratom to avoid nausea. Ginger has proven to reduce the side effects of kratom and make it easier to consume.
5. You can also use peppermint if ginger doesn’t help. Peppermint is easily available and helps in the reduction of adverse effects.
6. It is also advisable to take an antacid before consuming kratom, particularly 30 minutes before the dosage can help ease its usage significantly.
How to treat Kratom Nausea?
If nausea has kicked in, don’t panic, as it can be dangerous for your airways and can worsen the situation. Just gather yourself together and follow these measures;
1. Medicinal marijuana effectively reduces nausea; always have a prescribed dose with yourself for the rainy day. This has proven to be a good remedy over time.
2. Take over-the-counter anti-emetic drugs to control the intensity and symptoms of Kratom nausea. This is the easiest and one of the most effective ways to control the symptoms of nausea.
3. Immediately chew on some ginger leaves or peppermint for instant relief. Yes, this is effective even after nausea has occurred.
4. In case the severity increases, immediately report to the ER. A healthcare expert may be the best and most reliable option if the home remedies do not work.
Does dosage of Kratom have a role in Nausea?
Simply put, Yes!
Dosage of kratom plays a significant role in triggering nausea as it is a medicinal herb and should only be consumed in a limited quantity. Kratom activates the substance receptors in the brain’s vomiting centre at higher doses.
Knowing your dose is the key; experts have divided the dosage into three classes based on the need and potency of the action required. 1-3 grams is regarded as the mild dose and is the minimum amount consumed to gain any benefits. 4-7 grams is moderate and is the ideal dose to achieve the maximum benefits. 8-10 grams is the strong dose and is advised only in special cases under strict supervision to avoid unforeseen circumstances. To avoid any adverse effects, it is recommended to take the dose in the mid-range, i.e., 4-8 grams.
The health benefits of kratom cannot be denied as time and usage have positively affected the person’s overall health. Meanwhile, there are various side effects of kratom consumption, the most common of which is nausea. It occurs due to various reasons, such as dose, taste, and chemical triggers. Kratom-induced nausea can be prevented by following certain measures and treated if it occurs after all. The consumption and dosage guidelines must be followed to reap the fruit of this plant and avoid adverse effects.