Mitragyna Speciosa, popularly called Kratom, is the evergreen folk medicinal plant of the Rubiaceae family found in Malaysia, Indonesia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea Thailand. Its amazing benefits and uses from natural methods have been used in rural and diverse cultures for generations as the ancients used to chew kratom leaves or its powder form for various ailments.
The outside world realizes the medical importance of kratom in the 21st century — it is now used in either liquid or powder extracts to get more energy and alertness. Kratom liquid extracts are far more effective and powerful than powder extracts. Whenever it comes to comparing these two forms of kratom, it’s really worth considering how to use both extracts, their advantages, and disadvantages, and which type can be more effective for you?
Illnesses treated with kratom extracts include depression, cough, nausea, anxiety, trouble breathing, aggression, brain swelling, but these extracts can also be lethal and risky due to serious side effects. Thus, be sure to read the instructions carefully given by medical practitioners or health care experts before using the kratom extracts.
What Is Liquid Kratom Extract?
An extracted tincture is called kratom liquid extract, which is obtained from the crushing and boiling of high-quality kratom leaves, or powder as the primary alkaloids of these extracts, including mitragynine 7 – Hydroxymitragynine is more concentrated than that of powder extracts. Full-spectrum Kratom tincture, oils, teas, and Kratom shots are popular forms of liquid extracts.
Liquid extracts are much stronger than powder extracts and give instant and long-lasting effects, but sometimes the users start taking overdoses of liquid extracts to achieve an active state all time. This act of relieving themselves disturbs their tolerance. In this respect, experiences suggest that kratom powder is better for long-term use.
What Is Kratom Powder Extract?
When the dark-colored ultra fine powder with the pungent odor is obtained by grinding dry leaves of kratom, it is called kratom powder extract. It is considered the first concentrated form of kratom, which is entirely different from its parental parts. Therefore, this powder extract with salt-like consistency can be easily used by filling it in capsules or many other methods can be adopted.
Natural factors greatly influence the whole preparation of kratom powder. We get different powder strains like Maeng Da Kratom, Red Bali Kratom, and red Borneo Kratom, etc. All these strains of Mitragyna speciosa have proved to be miraculous in providing excellent results. Kratom powder extracts are especially for those who like to use them as a part of their diet or drinks.
Kratom Liquid Vs. Kratom Powder: Which Is The Best Form To Use?
A closer look at the distinguishing characteristics of liquid and powder extracts of kratom will give you an idea on which basis you can easily decide which extract is suitable for you.
Liquid extracts of kratom are quickly digested in the body and show immediate effects. Hence, it is more suitable for patients who want quick relief from severe pain while the powder extracts slowly work and heal the disorders after a long time.
Potency means the strength of something, so We can easily differentiate between liquid and powder extracts of kratom based on this feature. Powder extracts possess less concentration of alkaloids that is why these extracts are not more potent and produce delayed effects compared to liquid extracts. If you are still unfamiliar with kratom and are planning to use it as a beginner, always start with powder extracts.
On the other hand, Liquid extracts are highly energetic products due to the presence of a high concentration of alkaloids. Habitual experienced users such as office workers, students, laborers prefer to use liquid extracts of the Mitragyna speciosa because, unlike the powder extracts, a very small dosage of liquid works fast.
Various extraction methods of two different forms of kratom reveal how alkaloid contents have different consistencies and potencies in liquid and powder and how different natural factors alter the number of alkaloids during the preparation of their extracts.
Powder extracts are less priced and easily accessible because every beginner and experienced user can afford them, even with a meager budget. High-quality powder strains are available in markets, but if you do not know where to buy kratom extracts, then another option for you is online markets where you can shop them from the best websites like Supernatural Botanical, Ketum Superior, Divine Botanicals, etc.
The liquid extract is comparatively expensive, but a small dose gives you quick and expected results. On the contrary, you have to consume a lot of kratom powder every time for positive results. If you want to continue using kratom for a longer time, powder extracts will become more expensive than liquid extracts.
How To Use Kratom Liquid Extracts?
You can use liquid extracts as tinctures, oils, teas, coffee, and kratom shots. Using this form of kratom is exactly the same as using syrups for different illnesses prescribed by doctors. The only difference is that we drink syrups by spoons, but in the case of liquid extract, we have to fill the dropper with the required amount of tincture or oil, drip it into the mouth, and gulp down.
In addition, kratom lotions for external use of the body have also been introduced to get its benefits.
How To Use Kratom Powder Extracts?
The method of using powder extracts includes teas, foods, and drinks. Mostly kratom powder lovers like to make it a part of honey, yogurt, oatmeals, soups, and protein shakes. Others want to encapsulate powder in vitamin capsules and use it as Kratom Pills.
People also prepare tea by mixing powder extract, but milk is not used in this type of tea. Some people complain about the bitter taste of kratom powder which flavorings and sweeteners can alter. The powder is a less active form of kratom, so those afraid of its side effects can freely use this form without any panic.
How To Make Kratom Liquid Extracts?
Kratom liquid extracts can be conveniently prepared at home by adding water or alcohol, but alcoholic kratom liquid can be stored for a longer period, so it is considered better than water-based liquid.
Make sure all these ingredients are available to you before preparing the liquid extract of kratom. If any of these items is missing, the whole process can be affected and the liquid extract will not be prepared properly.
- Fresh leaves of kratom or powder
- Measuring cylinder to measure the extract
- pH strips to check the acidity of liquid extract
- 1-liter ethyl alcohol or ethanol
- Citric acid or lemon
- Cheesecloth or any fine strainer
- Airtight glass container
- Dark glass bottles with droppers
- Weighing scale to check the potency of powder
- Mason jars
1. Start with a product that is obviously kratom if you are using its leaves. Dry them thoroughly, and then grind them to get the salt-like powder.
2. Take a weighing scale to measure the amount of kratom powder as the required amount should be 100 to 150 grams or 4 ounces.
3. Now take the 4 ounces of powder in the mason jar and add 1 liter of ethanol into powder and stir well.
4. Add lemon juice or citric acid to the powder and ethanol solution to get the acidity of pH4. Citric acid is an essential organic acid to preserve alkaloids.
5. This solution should not be too acidic, so keep checking its acidity with pH strips until it reaches level 4. Do not add more citric acid to the solution.
6. Lock the mason jar with an airtight cap and shake the solution inside the jar to have a smooth consistency, then look for a cool and shaded place to store it and leave it there for a week.
7. After a week, shake the solution that was stored in the mason jar and unseal it. Use cheesecloth to filter the solution and shift the filtered solution to another mason jar.
8. Now leave the solution for the evaporation process and shift it to dark glass bottles for storage. Your kratom liquid extract is ready to use.
Kratom Liquid Dosage
Liquid extracts of kratom come in glass and plastic bottles possessing a 15ml standardized size. These are always ingested with the help of a dropper. Start with a small liquid dosage, and always use a half-filled dropper. If you can’t achieve your desired results, you can extend its dose slightly with one full dropper. If you are tired of losing your night’s sleep, you can use two droppers for sound sleep.
Kratom Powder Dosage
Small doses of kratom powder have low intensity, and by using it in this way, you can limit the side effects. 1 to 2 grams of powder extract is considered a small dosage, while 3 grams of powder is the average dose.
Useful Effects of Kratom Extracts
- Kratom extracts can be used as painkillers if any part of the body suffers from severe pain. They play an important role in relieving extreme pain; therefore, these extracts are sometimes called Analgesic. Read about the best kratom strains for pain here.
- Both these extracts of kratom are useful for people who often have insomnia, thus being a sedative, kratom relaxes sufferers to get enough sleep.
- These extracts create a happy mood in those who work hard seven days a week and prefer wellness and liveliness rather than irritable and bad-tempered.
Side Effects of Kratom Extracts
- As we discussed above, kratom liquid extracts have an intense concentration of selective alkaloids and show powerful effects, creating tolerance and other side effects.
- Overdoses of kratom liquid badly affect some internal body organs of the body, such as the heart, kidney, and liver, etc.
- According to one scientific research, all strains of kratom cause dependency, and if you are trying to get rid of illnesses with the help of kratom then by doing so, you can become addicted to this herb.
- Dependency and high doses of kratom extracts result in several disorders like sweat, nausea, weight loss, constipation, asthmatic infection, discoloration of cheeks, dry mouth, diarrhea, brain swelling, and spasms, etc.
How to Store kratom Extracts?
Special care is required to store kratom powder extract because it is more likely to be contaminated. If it is not protected from high temperatures, air, and water, all these natural factors significantly affect its alkaloid concentration. According to recent research, it has been found that the potency related to the number of alkaloids is high in any quality kratom extract.
Here are the best ways to store any form of kratom either powder or liquid.
- First thing first, always store kratom extracts in cool and dry places like cabinets and cupboards. If you want to use any form of kratom for a long time, choose a place where the UV light does not reach.
- It has been observed that airtight jars and bottles are most suitable for storing kratom extracts. Some people place these jars in their refrigerators, but you need to be extra careful when keeping them in such a place that moisture should not be entered into bottles whenever you open the bottles.
- Liquid extracts are long-lasting, fewer chances of being contaminated, easy to store, and travel-friendly than powder extracts.
If you intend to use kratom, it is recommended to use kratom powder in small quantities because it enables your body to accept it readily and gives you naturally satisfying results. Kratom liquid extracts have a dense concentration of selective primary alkaloids that work fast and increase your strength to confront fatigue. The liquid form of Mitragyna speciosa has been reported for many complications and side effects.
Although due to the magical and quick healing of wounds and diseases, Mitragyna extracts have been used for centuries as a traditional medicinal herb in Africa, China, Canada, Mexico, and Europe. There are no restrictions on its use in these countries where people continue to use it freely.
It has not yet been added in allopathic as a legit medicine because of ongoing scientific research on kratom. If it is misused and the amount of kratom extracts continues to increase over time, its deadly side effects come to the fore. That is why the FDA has not yet approved the unrestricted use of any kratom extract in the USA.
Frequently asked questions
Are two extracts of kratom Similar in any way?
Both liquid and powder are extracted from the same species of Mitragyna that is why both forms produce the same effects. But, only one difference in their strength due to the number of alkaloids.
Can kratom powder be made at home?
Yes, of course, kratom can be powdered at home by drying and grinding its leaves. It could be challenging to have high-quality powder extract at home because its preparation and storage need extra care; otherwise, you can’t protect it from contaminating factors. So it is advised to buy packaged kratom extracts from markets with standard potency and consistency.
Are kratom extracts safe?
According to the research of Massachusetts university, 40 alkaloids are found in kratom, which increases its potency. This traditional curing herb is becoming popular due to its immediate relief and sedative effects worldwide.
Although it possesses few addictive properties, and high doses may cause serious complications, it’s better to continue using kratom with moderate doses.