Today, Kratom has made a huge fan base in the western world’s supplement industry; everyone seems to jump on the bandwagon. When demand increases, a need for supply also increases along with easy accessibility of it. However, due to having ever-so-busy routines, we all look for shortcuts and prefer to shop conveniently from nearby places.
Similarly, despite many options available, many Kratom enthusiasts have now turned to buying from nearby gas stations to avoid the hassle and save time searching for shops.
Besides, one wishes to find Kratom at gas stations on the route during a rush or a drive. As handy as it may sound, there are many questions regarding the quality, safety, and drawbacks of gas station Kratom.
If you are a newbie or a Kratom Guru and are confused about whether gas station Kratom is a scam or not, then this article is exclusively for you. We will highlight the pros and cons, help eradicate all the confusion, and help you focus on making your decision.
Kratom: A brief overview
Before getting into the details of gas station Kratom, let’s give all the newbies a brief overview of Mitragyna speciosa.
Kratom is a tropical tree native to Southeast Asia and a member of the coffee family. Unlike its cousin, it possesses zero caffeine levels. It has various strains categorized via their vein colors: red, yellow, white, and green. Each strain varies according to the alkaloid profile and individual benefits offered. The red vein has the highest potency, the white vein offers energetic effects, and the green is an intermediate offering benefit of both.
It has a rich alkaloid profile, mainly composed of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. The presence of these alkaloids makes it very potent. They work via interacting with the body’s opioid receptors to activate Kratom’s wellness perks. Like Coffee, it acts as a stimulant at lower doses and an energy booster at higher doses; it’s also very addictive.
There are numerous products available in the market and online as well. The leaves are crushed and turned into various forms; powders, capsules, and teas mostly.
Is gas station Kratom safe?
While they can facilitate you with an on-the-go shopping experience; however, gas stations aren’t a reliable source. Though you can try buying it once or twice, not regularly, why so?
First, there is a great chance of the Kratom being unregulated, unlike claimed by the brands. The product can be of cheap quality or even fake. It can contain contaminants or heavy chemicals or even be mixed with other products, degrading quality.
Secondly, most gas stations stock up the product; the chances of you buying an expired product(s) are high.
The overall safety is under question in this matter. Only an experienced eye can truly spot and differentiate or buy from an authentic gas station.
Is it all bad or fake?
However, these reasons are inadequate to rule out anything. If you are an expert in telling the difference or know any gas stations selling genuine Kratom products, you can easily get your stuff.
[Note: It is always best to check the reviews in advance; expert opinions matter greatly.]
The first and foremost reason to shop from gas stations is the time constraint in scenarios where you cannot divert from your route to purchase your supply. Just be cautious and make sure to check the expiry date. Also, a quick google search to check the brand profile online.
Is buying gas station Kratom’s quality as good as from online?
If it feels convenient and you’re searching nearby gas stations, it’s best to google search for the company profile or dial up a friend who might know this.
Despite this fact, Kratom has gained legal recognition. However, it is still under question and illegal in some states. Top branded gas stations avoid keeping such products due to questions regarding quality and reputation, as Kratom’s status is still questioned.
Nevertheless, some renowned gas stations have agreements with reputable Kratom companies and display their products, naming a few including Circle K, Marathon, Chevron.
Do big-box retailers’ gas stations sell kratom?
Very unlikely! Gas stations associated with big-box retailers do not sell Kratom, mainly due to avoiding credit card issues. Katom trading is dealt in hard cash, and many credit card companies have banned its purchase. Big-box retailers avoid the trouble and don’t display or sell kratom at their gas stations.
What are the pros and cons of buying Kratom from gas stations?
To sum up, let’s look at the pros and cons of Kratom more closely.
- A hassle-free experience, provided you shop from an authentic gas station.
- The best option is if you want your supply immediately without the long wait.
On the contrary, here is the flip side and top reasons to not invest in buying your favourite supplement from a gas station:
- Funky-designed packaging not following ‘Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)’ can confuse and mislead consumers..
- Often, low-quality, fake, and expired strains/products incomparable to well-reputed online products are displayed.
- Most products aren’t regulated as claimed by the companies.
- Lack of third-party testing mentioned on the packaging; questions brand authenticity.
- Lack of statements claiming organic, pure, and clean mentioned on the packaging.
- The use of powerful language implies Kratom to be an exciting party/recreational drug, used for kicking buzz, is dangerous as can be abused!.
- Lack of information on its source.
- No mention of the company’s website or any vendor’s contact information increases suspicion.
- The product becomes invisible due to the dark/dull packaging; it can be fake.
- Limited products available for your particular needs
- Most sellers are inexperienced and lack knowledge of Kratom, so you can’t expect any guidance on what to purchase.
- Gas stations at questionable locations make it a big no.
- Sneaky vendors place low-quality or fake quality products at premium prices that might sink your investment.
The cons outweigh the pros when it comes to buying Kratom from gas stations. However, you never know if you hit your luck getting your hands on a premium quality product! One authentic vendor that places genuine products at gas stations is OPM Kratom. You can check out their website and reviews to have a better idea.
Why is online purchasing the best option?
Alright, the golden question! If you want our opinion and expert-level advice, you are much better off buying it from an online source/vendor. The online K-industry has reputable vendors, thus offering premium quality and safe products.
Each vendor promises to provide first-class products and unforgettable customer satisfaction. Everyone is competing for the neck to neck, and no brand or vendor can afford even a single unhappy customer. That’s why you’ll find that many of them offer discounts and even have a strong return/refund policy to ensure the brand’s reputation and build strong customer relations.
[Note: We strongly advise all customers to research and review online vendors as well to ensure that there is no shady business going on.]
Like gas stations, Online stores also have some pros and cons; here are a few:
- Guaranteed premium-quality products
- Abundance in the availability of strains and products, even the rare ones like Gold Bali or Kratom shots.
- Unbeatable prices and customer service satisfaction
- Vendors have return/refund policies.
- Hassle-free delivery at your doorstep.
- Third-party lab test results are available online.
- Availability of proper guidance to help you with your purchase.
- The presence of sneaky vendors and fake stores can exist.
- Long waiting time varies from days to months, making it inconvenient if you want the product immediately.
- Price can vary from vendor to vendor.
Is there a price difference between kratom at gas stations and online stores?
On a serious note, gas station shopping is never cheap; even plain water is costly! Supplements like Kratom are genuinely not cheap, and filling stations might overcharge you as they offer customers an on-the-go convenience of buying. The problem emerges when the prices fluctuate; either shoot sky-high or go extremely low than the average market rate. When you see a costly product, you can suspect a massive profit and get an idea about the profile of sneaky vendors.
Similarly, it is obvious that discounted or low-priced products raise many doubts about their quality and authenticity. There are many instances where cheap and even expired K-products have been sold to naive consumers.
Unlike the actual Kratom market, the cost isn’t regulated at local gas stations, which can be deceiving. So it’s imperative to know the market value of Kratom before getting your investment drained!
Important things to keep in mind before buying kratom from the gas station!
In case you have your stance fixed of buying from nearby gas stations for various personal reasons, then make sure to keep the following in mind:
- Thoroughly investigate the packaging of the product.
- Check the expiry date.
- Check mention of third-party testing.
- Find out the source of Kratom.
- Check out the company’s profile online.
- Ensure to read online reviews; it helps figure out the quality standards and identify fake vendors.
- Research and keep knowledge of the average market cost and compare any extreme rice variations.
The Bottom Line
After weighing out the ups and downs of both options, our analysis sides with buying Kratom online would prove to be a more lucrative choice. While gas stations provide a convenient and hassle-free way of purchasing your favourite products, chances of buying cheap quality and even fake products are more likely to occur. If you don’t have expertise in Kratom or know a gas station selling authentic stuff, it’s best to turn to online sources.
However, it might not always be the case; you can get lucky! The decision is totally up to you, your expertise, and your convenience. We strongly advise you to research and know the market first and avoid any red flags coming your way! Even in the case of online vendors, make sure to research to avoid investing in a shady business. Furthermore, like always, please consult a doctor before taking any radical decision. Good Luck!